Be a lifesaver! Over 1,000 animals a year are cared for by our foster families.
Foster volunteers provide temporary loving homes for animals that are not yet ready for adoption. There are many situations in which animals may need foster care, such as:
- Adult cats and dogs with litters
- Young kittens and puppies
- Cats and dogs recovering from surgery
- Animals with special health needs
- Animals that need extra socialization
Foster homes are an invaluable way to provide care and socialization away from the hectic atmosphere of the shelter. Volunteers can specialize, choosing, for example, to focus on underage animals or nursing moms. The length of time greatly depends on the needs of the animal but can range from 1 week to 3 months.
If you’re interested in becoming a foster volunteer, please fill out the application below.
Fostering Application Form